POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Poway Pilates has created policies that will “level the playing field” for all of our clients. We have a heart. However, all policies will be enforced with all clients without exception. Please review the policies and ensure that you understand them. If you have any questions please feel free to call us to have our staff clarify any questions you may have.
- Reformer Classes are 50 minutes. Cardio/stretch classes 45 minutes. Privates are 50 Mins.
- First time clients please arrive 10 minutes before class to sign and complete our intake and liability form. All clients are required to sign these forms!
- A credit card must be on file to cover incidentals prior to signing up for classes.
- If you are attending any group class, please check-in at the IPad check-in station at the desk upon your arrival.
- Please arrive on time and turn off your cell phone. There is no gum, food, or drink permitted in the studio. Only water is allowed in the studio.
- Clients will not be admitted into class if they are more than 10 minutes late.
- Please DO NOT use any equipment without the permission or supervision from the instructor.
- Please wait in the waiting area if the current class is under instruction. Do not enter the reformer area until the class before is completely dismissed and machines and other equipment are cleaned down.
- As a courtesy to other clients that may be in class, please limit talking and noise in the waiting area to a minimum.
- Reformer Machine selection upon arrival is available on a ‘First come, First Serve’ basis. No client has exclusive right to any specific machine.
- Help keep the studio clean by wiping down your own mat/equipment/props with provided studio wipes after class.
- Regular socks without grips are not allowed. Grip socks add an extra layer of protection and traction for our clients. You may bring your own grip socks or we have socks for sale at our studio.
- There are no street shoes allowed on the machines. Please stow shoes and personal belongings in the cubbies. Poway Pilates is not responsible for any lost or missing items.
- Poway Pilates, cannot, and will not, guarantee the number, frequency, and time of any class.
- General Hygiene applies for studio participation.
- Poway Pilates is a fragrance free studio.
- We retain the right to refuse service to anyone.
- All classes must be pre-paid in advanced. You may prepay online through our MindBody Online scheduler or call our studio.
- Please reserve your class/session online through our MindBody Online scheduler. While we welcome walk-in clients, we cannot guarantee a spot in class until it is reserved which may lead to you being turned away
- In consideration for others, please arrive at least five minutes before class.
- If you do not show up for your reserved class/session, you will be considered a no-show.
- When you purchase classes and sessions you are paying for a service and not an instructor. Instructors are subject to change without notice.
CANCELLATION AND NO SHOW POLICY:
- There is a 12 hour cancellation policy for all Group classes. Clients must cancel online through our Poway Pilates Branded App by Mindbody up to 12 hours prior to the start of class with no charge. If you do not cancel, or are a no show, your account will forfeit the class, or, for Membership Clients, your account will forfeit the class and will be charged a No Show/Late Cancel fee of $15.00. This policy applies to all classes with no exceptions or regard to reason for late cancel.
- You may change your class on the same day by logging in late cancelling your original class and adding yourself to a different class time. Contact the front desk for assistance if needed. NOTE: You will be charged a $15 late cancellation fee for the original time slot.
- There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all Private and Duet Sessions. Clients must cancel by calling the studio Front Desk or by using/installing the Poway Pilates Branded App by Mindbody (Available for download in the App Store for Google and Apple) up to 24 hours prior to the Private session to avoid forfeiture of the session. If you are late for your appointment then your appointment end time will be as scheduled without an extension. This policy applies to all sessions. This policy is firm, there are no exceptions.
- Clients may waitlist for a class that is full only if this is the sole class that the client wishes to attend for that day. You can do so by clicking on the sign up button and you will be given the option to waitlist. If a spot opens up, you will be notified by email or text that you have been added from the waitlist to the class.
- You will not be added to a class after the 12 hour cancellation period has passed. If you are on the waitlist for a class and the 12-hour cancellation period has passed, it is recommended that you log into the Poway Pilates Branded App by Midbody to see if a spot has opened up. In that instance notify the front desk that you intend on taking the class and could you be added from the waitlist.
- Due to the daily visit restriction on Membership Packages of one class per day you may not be added to a second class, or waitlisted for a second class. If there is a class you wish to take please only sign up for that class which may include adding yourself to a waitlist if it is full.
- Clients that wish to attend a second daily class in addition to the single daily scheduled limit may do so on a ‘drop-in’ basis if there is a space available. This additional drop-in class cannot be scheduled and will be on a drop-in basis only. The drop-in fee for that second session for that same day will be a discounted rate of $15.00 (subject to change without notice). You may also call or discuss with the front desk, or instructor if applicable, the number of current available spots, or, the likelihood of spots opening up for a desired second paid class.
- Please Note: if you’re added to a class from the waitlist by text or email and you are unable to attend class you must decline via text or contact the front desk so that we have the opportunity to fill that space. Simply receiving the text does not guarantee your spot off the waitlist. If you are able to attend please click ‘C’ to confirm or notify the front desk you will be attending, which will guarantee your spot.
- We accept payment via Cash, check or Credit / Debit Cards(all), Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Services: All sales are final. There are no refunds, exchanges or returns. This policy is firm, there are no exceptions. After a Membership or Class Package has been purchased it cannot be returned, refunded, or transferred.
- All Class Pack and private session purchases have an expiration date of twelve (12) months from the date of purchase.
- Memberships may be paused one time in any twelve-month period for up to 30 days at no charge. Additional pausing of memberships can be done for a one time nominal fee equal to 50% of the monthly membership. There will be no exceptions.
- We would like you to let us know that you have discussed exercise with your doctor and that at this time there are no restrictions to begin Group Pilates classes. We do not recommend that you take any advanced Group Pilates or Barre classes. If you have never done Pilates before we recommend that you sign up for a Private Pilates session or a Duet Pilates session with another Pre/Post Natal client.
- Throughout pregnancy, particularly in your first trimester, it’s best not to overheat. Please proceed based on your knowledge of your own body and at the recommendations of your doctor. Stop or slow down if you feel tired or unwell.
- The minimum age to attend a class is 12 years old. For all clients under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must sign the intake and liability form.
- There is no maximum age limit for Pilates.
Why Join Us?
- Honoring the Tradition and Art of Pilates
- Free 30 minute combined initial Consultation & Instruction
- Client Satisfaction with an Emphasis on Safety
- Convenient Location in Historic Old Poway Village
- Fully Equipped, Upscale and Peaceful Studio Environment