Course Dates and Times:
10 Day INTENSIVE REFORMER
2020 COURSE DATES AND TIMES:
Thurs- Sun, Aug. 13-16,
Thurs- Sun, Aug. 20-23,
Sat- Sun, Sept. 12-13
12:00pm to 5:30pm Each Day
STOTT PILATES® Certification Courses
This course is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement, as well as those who are unable to devote the time required in our Comprehensive Program due to work and/or scheduling issues. Conducted over 3 weeks or 4 weekends. Building on your industry knowledge it teaches you to design and lead the Level 1 Essential and Intermediate STOTT PILATES® Reformer repertoire for personal or group training settings for a range of clients. You will leave with a solid foundation and required skills to develop effective and motivating Pilates Reformer programs. While IR may be taken prior to IMP, we recommend completing IMP first.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- The STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Effective use of the reformer to enhance torso stability and strength, peripheral extremity conditioning, joint stability, flexibility, balance and coordination
- Effective communication and observational skills
- Verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- 139 exercises plus modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- Workout composition for personal and group training
REQUIREMENTS OF CERTIFICATION:
- 50 hours of instruction and supervised teaching
- Minimum of 10 hours of observation
- Minimum of 40 hours of physical review
- Minimum of 25 hours of practice teaching
- Total: 125 hours
- Observation, Practice Teaching & Physical Review
A minimum number of hours of observation, practice teaching and physical review are required for all courses and should be completed between instructed sessions at any STOTT PILATES® facility. Additional training may be required before certification. Practice teaching and physical review hours must be logged outside of class time and submitted at the time of the practical exam.
OBSERVATION AND PRACTICE TEACHING
Includes watching sessions taught by a STOTT PILATES® Certified Instructor or relevant STOTT PILATES® videos.
Hours can be fulfilled by instructing family, fellow students, friends or clients.
Note: There are no hours required for Injuries & Special Populations or Advanced Level courses.
Continuing Education Credits: 5.0 STOTT PILATES®; ACE; canfitpro
Bernie Sidney is originally from Mexico City and earned her STOTT PILATES® certification at John Garey Pilates Studio in Long Beach, Ca. where she was employed from 2000-2010. She became an Instructor Trainer for Merrithew™ specializing in STOTT PILATES in 2002 and has had the great opportunity to travel to Mexico, Spain and South America to teach courses. Bernie is a long distance triathlete and coach and has completed seven Ironmans and many Half-Ironmans. She now lives in San Diego, Ca. where she trains most of her clients.
Why Join Us?
- Honoring the Tradition and Art of Pilates
- Free 30 minute combined initial Consultation & Instruction
- Client Satisfaction with an Emphasis on Safety
- Convenient Location in Historic Old Poway Village
- Fully Equipped, Upscale and Peaceful Studio Environment